Hello!

Posted by Rean Tirol | Saturday, August 23, 2008 | 0 comments »

Welcome to my new blog. In this page, you will read my take on how we can solve the climate crisis. In a nutshell, climate change can be addressed when we go for renewable energy, practice efficient consumption and employ technologies appropriate to our local realities. In an interview this morning, I was asked the question: "What is renewable energy?" The host said that it was a term alien to most people in the Philippines. I responded "Ito po ang enerhiya na nangagaling sa likas na yaman na madaling palitan ng kalikasan" ( Energy using resources easily replenished by nature). I then gave examples of renewable energy forms and mentioned the country's good position in Geothermal and Hydro. We still have a lot to do if we are to do our part in mitigating climate change. It is my hope that this blog shows practical ways of adapting sustainable energy practices. Keep on reading...

0 comments